||BEFORE LEAVINGSPECIAL ASSISTANCE - PASSENGERS WITH REDUCED MOBILITY
SOGEAAL SpA - Regione Nuraghe Biancu 07041 Alghero (SS) - Italy - VAT 01635090903
Phone: (+39) 079 935282/935011 - Fax: (+39) 079 935219
Email: email@example.com Certified electronic mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to request special assistance
Alghero airport operator, with trained personnel and the necessary equipment, is able to guarantee to persons with disabilities and persons with reduced mobility to:
The request for assistance and special needs of passengers with disabilities or reduced mobility must be notified at the time of booking to the carrier, its agent or the tour operator or, at least, forty-eight hours before the departure time flight published.
- communicate their arrival at the airport and request assistance at designated points inside and outside the terminal;
- move from the designated point to the check-in desk for the registration of passengers and luggage;
- proceed from the terminal to the aircraft, to dispatch immigration, customs and security controls;
- board the aircraft, by using lifts, wheelchairs or other needed assistance;
- reach their seats;
- store and/or retrieve baggage on the aircraft;
- disembark the aircraft, by using lifts, wheelchairs or other needed assistance;
- proceed from the baggage claim and retrieve baggage, dispatching immigration and customs;
- proceed from the baggage claim at the designated point;
- move to toilet facilities if necessary;
- be informed about flights.
The ticket, as indicated by the International Classification, presents a service code that specifies the needs of the passenger and allows the company to ensure the journey as the most comfortable as possible.
Below is the legend with the meaning given to codes used by operators.
||LEGEND - IATA CODES
(WHEEL CHAIR RAMP)
|Passenger who can walk independently within the aircraft and go up and down the stairs, but who needs a wheelchair or other means of transport to travel long distances within the airport.
(WHEEL CHAIR STAIR)
|Passenger who can walk independently within the aircraft, but is not able to go up or down the stairs and needs a wheelchair, or other means of transport, to move inside the airport.
(WHEEL CHAIR COMPLETELY)
|Immobilized passenger, who needs a wheelchair to get around and requires assistance from arrival at the airport until the end of the flight and out of the airport.
||Passenger with hearing impairment or hearing and speech.
||Passenger with visual impairment (to distinguish blind and visually impaired).
||Passenger with impaired vision and hearing, who needs assistance of an attendant to move.
||Passenger with intellectual or behavioral problems.
|The carrier, in order to provide a service aimed to satisfy the specific needs of PRMs may request additional information concerning the way of assistance required, possible transport/use of medical equipment and/or mobility aids, any need to travel with a recognized assistance dogs.
In order to be assisted during the entire journey it is better for the passenger make sure that the actual degree of disability is reported for the routes and carriers concerned for the whole trip.
Rights of the passengers with reduced mobility (PRM) REG. (CE) n. 1107/2006
At the airport
- Indication on the recommended times for the arrival at the airport:
The passenger who goes directly at check-in must appear:
The passenger who arrives at a designated point within the airport perimeter must appear:
- at the appointed time and published by the air carrier or its agent, tour operator or airport operator, or
- if it was not established a schedule at least one hour before the published departure time (Regulation 1107/2006).
- at the appointed time and published by the air carrier or its agent or a tour operator or the airport operator, or
- if it was not established a schedule, at least two hours before the published departure time (Regulation 1107/2006).
- Location of Parking spaces and relative information:
Parking spaces reserved for disabled people are:
The parking for the disabled people are free showing at the pay desk the disabled parking mark, the identity document and the ticket of the park.
- Location of call points for assistance:
Once arrived at the airport passenger can ask the service at Call Points: columns with an intercom system, through which to come into contact with the operators in order to active assistance procedure.
The columns with intercom are located:
In case of malfunction of the call points call on the Terminal Service employees and PRM located in the hall inside the airport (check-in hall) or contact the numbers shown on the call Points column.
- on the sidewalk outside, near the entrances of the Terminal;
- near the parking pay desk.
- Location and information of the "Sala Amica":
The "Sala Amica" room used as reception and waiting area for passengers with special needs, is located at the check-in hall and can be used by all those who have a passenger service code on the ticket.
- Information on tactile paths:
Following the upgrading works, dedicated and tactile maps are temporarily out of service, but blind / visually impaired passengers are assisted by the Service Terminal and PRM staff.
- Information on connections:
Alghero Airport can be reached by car, taxi or bus.
Here are some guidelines to facilitate the arrival at the airport and the use of facilities and services that the airport provides to passengers with special needs.
- With private car
Places reserved for holders of appropriate permit are available at the parking fee. The car parks are free as per Italian Law. To use this facility you need to keep the entrance ticket to the parking lot and hand out to staff in garrison in the case of the parking lot, showing the flag in the original, proving ownership of the holder and identification.
- With taxi
The taxi leaves the passenger in a safe stop located in front of the Terminal. You can ask the driver to be accompanied to the Call Points present at the entrance of Terminal.
- With bus
Since not all buses are equipped with structures for the access on board for people in wheelchairs is necessary, with suitable advance, contact the transportation company to book / confirm the service.
In order to check availability and bus timetables, please visit the web page of Alghero Airport: http://www.aeroportodialghero.it/autobus_en.asp
- Information of the boarding and disembarking of hand baggage and hold baggage service:
Passengers will be assisted in placing on board the aircraft and retrieve incoming carry-on baggage and to pick up checked baggage.
- List of services and means available:
There are toilets for the disabled both before security checks inside the departure lounges.
The airport also provides wheelchairs of different capacity and size, for those who are not in possession. Depending on the type of service, loading and/or unloading shall be effected through elevator or half lift properly equipped to embark and disembark passengers.
Airport Quality standard list
- Users-friendliness tools at the call points
- Easy identification of call points
- Availability of parking spaces reserved for person with reduced mobility
- Easy access to the terminal
- Hand luggage screening service
- Screening service staff courtesy
- Screening service staff professionalism
- Signs at the airport
- Ease of movement within the airport
- Functionality of toilets
- Cleanliness of toilets
- Cleanliness in the air terminal
- Suitable information and communication
- PRM staff professionalism
- PRM staff courtesy
- Assistance provided during the boarding and disembarkation
- Waiting time at call points
- Waiting time at check-in desk
- Waiting time for disembarkation
- Waiting time for boarding
- Waiting time at ticket desk
- Waiting time at baggage claim area
- Overall satisfaction
- Method to file a claim:
Sogeaal, certified UNI 9001:2008, handles complaints as determined by its Quality System in compliance with UNI 10600.
You can submit comments by mail, email or fax to the following addresses:
Regione Nuraghe Biancu
Aeroporto Alghero - Fertilia
07041 ALGHERO (SS)
Fax +39 079 935282
For all instances not applicable to Sogeaal direct responsibility and for which a different party must answer, Sogeaal undertakes to manage and ensure all refunds subject to authorization by the carrier with whom the passenger had stipulated the travel contract.
For suggestions or complaints, passengers can use special forms that can be found in special dispensers located at the check-in and departure halls.
All complaints received via mail or e-mail, are cataloged in a report based on their nature, the date of receipt and processing date.
Complaints represent a further means of continuous improvement for Sogeaal, always attentive to the needs of its passengers.
- Application form:
Complaint form in pdf file
- Downloadable documents:
Regulation (CE) 1107/2006
- Pointing of deadline for the acknowledgment
The process for resolution of complaints within 14 days from the receipt, compared to the 30 established by the regulation, can be applied to all those complaints for which can be quickly carried out the investigation of what happened and that usually does not require documentary research, for which is needed different time.
Passenger's Bill of Rights